April 30, 2012
Ladybird Carb Starve Snack Bars Review
Ladybird’s Carb Starve Snack Bars are a delicious and healthy alternative to tempting junk food. With Choc Nut and Choc Crunch flavours, and a 30g serve size, Lady Bird Carbstarves are a guilt free snack not just for the ladies.
- Slow-digesting protein blend of whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate, milk protein concentrate and soy protein isolate
- Only 3.5g of fat and 1.5g of carbohydrates per bar
- Added vitamins and minerals
Taste In one word: WOW! Ladybird Carbstarve Snack Bars don’t have the usual dry, bland flavour of most protein bars. Both the Choc Crunch and Choc Nut flavours are great, and they definitely taste like they are bad for you.
Strength Over 10g of protein and only 120 calories per bar makes for a great snack food!
Value Since Ladybird Carbstarve Snack Bars are only 30g each, a box of 15 will set you back less than $30. Protein King’s prices are always lowest!
Final Word The best tasting nutritional bar we’ve ever had, and has serious nutritional benefits! Ladybird Carbstarve Snack Bars are here to stay.
Yours in Health,
The advice in this article is to be used as a guide only and is purely the opinion of the author. No advice given is to be taken as a replacement for advice from a qualified healthcare professional. Prices are subject to change.
April 26, 2012
With the recent emphasis on concentrated pre-workout powders, it is encouraging to see a new product counter the trend and release a fully dosed supplement. Gaspari’s new SuperPump MAX claims to be the ‘concentrate killer’; instead of relying on stimulants such as high caffeine or DMAA doses, supplying full clinical doses of key ingredients such as Leucine and L-Citrulline.
- Branch Chain mTOR Stimulation Blend – although the exact ratios of the three BCAA’s are unknown, 2g of Leucine per scoop of MAX is an important benefit of this product that the concentrated powders cannot include in their products. At the full dosage of 3 scoops, MAX will provide almost as many BCAA’s as many standalone amino acid supplements.
- Nitric OxiENDURANCE Complex – the combination of L-Citrulline (rather than arginine) and Carnipure will promote strong levels of Nitric Oxide production
- PhosphoDRIVE Signalling Complex – combining Creatine Monohydrate with Magnesium-Creatine Chelate promotes better performance than creatine alone and increases muscle cell hydration
Taste and Mixability
With eight flavours to choose from, there is something for everyone. We liked Pink Lemonade best. At only 16g per scoop, the powder dissolves easily into 300ml of water.
At the minimum dose of one scoop, SuperPump MAX might not give you the jitters like a concentrated product would. At the full three scoops, you are getting a good amount of caffeine, and unless you have a super high caffeine tolerance, you will be feeling it. Even at the lowest dose, you are getting good amounts of key ingredients.
One tub of SuperPump MAX has 40 x 16g scoops, which will power 40 workouts at the recommended serving size. At three scoops per serve, you are getting around 13 workouts out of the tub. Most people will use one-two scoops per workout which should last at least a month. At Protein King’s price of $49.95, it is great value.
The ingredients in SuperPump MAX suggest you will not only have a great workout, but you’ll get the further benefits of delayed muscle soreness, faster recovery and higher strength levels that they provide. Could this be the ‘concentrate killer’ it claims to be? We think so.
Yours in Health,
The advice in this article is to be used as a guide only and is purely the opinion of the author. No advice given is to be taken instead of advice from a qualified healthcare professional.